Saturday, April 18, 2020

Update

My sweet husband "Kaaren" asked me to post an update to his blog followers, so here you have it.
He's doing much better but my personal physician has recommended he continue bed rest for a few more days and I quite concur.
Thank goodness the tests for COVID-19 came back as negative for the both of us and I have been feeling well and haven't any of the symptoms "Kaaren" has displayed.
He had a fever of 101 which later went up to 102.
He had chills that made him shiver even under blankets.
For two days he didn't eat and only drank when I forced him to.
He could barely manage the strength to get out of bed to go to the bathroom.
My friend, call her Dr.V, a friend of mine since college, came to examine him as soon as she could. She told me not to bring him to the hospital under any circumstances, unless his fever continued to climb. which thankfully it did not.
After climbing to 102 his fever declined back to a little over 100 but it was persistent.
Dr.V drew blood for testing and did swab tests on both of us, which, as I previously said, were negative.
"Kaaren" has the flu, she's already getting better. I can tell because her stubborn streak is coming out once again.
He's insisting that he'll be fine in a couple of hours and this morning he stumbled into my bedroom to ask me if I wanted him to prepare my breakfast.
He had such an earnest expression on his face I almost felt I was being cruel when I walked him back to bed and admonished him to stay there.
So there you have it. He's sleeping right now and the worst is past.
I checked and he currently has no temperature.
He'll be back to his blogging soon.
Thank you for all the good wishes, he hasn't seen them yet but I'm sure he'll thank you all when he's able.

Mrs. K


10 comments:

  1. My love and best wishes to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're both doing well. Must be tougher for you not having a sissy at your beck and call :)

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best to you and Kaaren. Hope she recovers real soon.

    xox

    sissy terrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the update Mrs K and please wish Kaaren a speedy recovery.

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much, Mrs. K! I hope Kaaren continues to improve, and yes, the dear needs to rest a bit.. you are of course right. Thanks again, sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the update, Mrs. K. I always worry when a friend goes silent, and this COVID stuff seems to amplify all those fears. So glad Kaaren has you to so lovingly dominate her sissy bum back to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please pass on my and everyone’s best wishes to Kaaren and we pray for a full and speedy recovery. We miss his great wit. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaaren, I'm really worried about you. I hope you are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh! I miss a day or two and see that you were not feeling well! Glad to know it wasn't the dreaded virus! Hugs to you Kaaren!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you're nursing Kaaren and that she is improving. Her devotion is touching but rest is essential. (I'm not a doctor but I play one on-line.)

    ReplyDelete