Saturday, April 2, 2022

What's Happening Now


Since his last post "Kaaren" has been in and out of the hospital twice more.
It seems like every step forward leads to two steps back.
The doctors reassure me and I take him home, and in a day or two he's re-admitted.
It scares me.
Every time he comes home he seems diminished.
Smaller, weaker, less and less like himself.
He tries to be brave but all it does is make it all seem worse.
It's like a scene from a bad, tragic romance movie.
He can't do anything for himself at this point. My insurance, thank god, pays for a daytime aide which allows me to go to work. But I can't concentrate and the corporate sharks are circling. My superiors have assured me that my position is secure, but I'm sure that could change quickly.
I push all of that aside as I look at my sweet husband, looking so small and helpless, and my heart breaks a little bit more.
He's sleeping now. I know he feels bad when I cry but how can I help it.
He asked me to post an update over a week ago, and I wanted to, I really did.
Then he was back in the hospital again and his blogs were the furthest things from my mind.
He asked me about it today and I confessed that I hadn't done as he'd asked, he looked a little hurt and asked me to please do it soon.
I check on him all through the night, I make sure the oxygen tubes aren't tangled and that he's under the covers. It seems he feels the cold more than he used to.
And I feel the cold too, and I'm very afraid for him.
So there you have it.

Mrs. K
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Mrs. K.
    That's a lot for both of you to be going through.

    We'll be praying for her and for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry Mrs K, Thinking of you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry. I hope things will improve, for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please get better! This sounds like COVID. I hope both of you are vaccinated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. Tell Kaaren our thoughts and prayers are with her and make sure she rests and gets better. We love her and hope she's better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. K,

    You are being an angel. If caring can pull Kaaren thru, I know you can. Take care of you both

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow so sorry what you both are going through. I pray everything turns out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just hope and pray that he get a lot better very soon. I know how having a very sick spouse takes a toll on the people around them can take. I hope that for both of your sakes that things will be better very soon.
    Hugs and kisses to both of you
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs K - thanks for the update even if it was not the one you and we had all been hoping for. i do hope that Kaaren starts to recover and that life for both of you can get back onto a more even keel. This must be a very hard time for you all.

    Take care and you and Kaaren are in our thoughts

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete