Friday, March 3, 2017

Vacation Notes

As most of you know I just returned from a long road trip/vacation with my sweetheart. We traveled roughly 4000 miles round trip to attend her nieces wedding.
Her niece was a beautiful young woman and the man she was marrying was a tall handsome man....a real man....
I first met my wife's niece when she was 8 years old and she was all girl.....she liked dresses and bows and frills and pretty things almost as much as I did....perhaps that's why we hit it off so well.....
We didn't see each other often....and each time I saw her again she had leaped from one stage to another.....but it wasn't till a few years ago when she had a big party for her twentieth birthday that I began to see her differently.....she wasn't that little girl that had giggled with me when I used to tell her how pretty she was....now she was a full grown sexy woman....but she still always found time to sit with me and we would talk and laugh like a couple of girlfriends!!!
Now she was getting married....the service was very nice and she looked beautiful in her gown.....god how I wished I could try it on....
After the service we formed a line to give the bride and groom our best wishes and when I got to her I had tears in my eyes.....she was just so beautiful....if I'd ever had a daughter I'd want her to be just like this lovely angel!!!!
She pulled me close and hugged me.
She whispered in my ear so that no one but I could hear....
"You look so handsome in your suit, but I think you'd feel more comfortable in a pretty dress....wouldn't you.....Uncle Kaaren?"
I pulled back and I felt my face flush red.....I turned to my wife who smiled and winked at me and back to her niece.....my niece.....who gave me a kiss on the cheek and promised that we would talk later....
My head was spinning as my wife led me away!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment