Thursday, January 17, 2019

A Long Time Ago

A long time ago when I was in elementary school....the girls all had to wear skirts or jumpers all year round...
I think I was in seventh or eighth grade when we had a particularly cold winter and some of the girls started showing up for school wearing pants!!!!
The nuns were infuriated and it was one of the very few times we ever saw the girls receive corporal punishment!!!
A fight ensued between the school and the girl's parents which ultimately resulted in a change in the dress code that allowed the girls to wear pants if they wanted to!!!!
How I wished someone would have fought for my right to wear one of those jumpers....I'm sure I had the legs for it and I thought it would look pretty cute on me....but alas I was many years too early for that!!!!














2 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, school girl uniforms are so sexy to wear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days.
    My Mistress has me learn to sew.
    We went to the store and she showed me how to pick out a pattern. Buy the material for my jumper and figure out how many yards of material I needed,the thread.
    She would make me work on my jumper on Sundays when a football game was on. She would say your sewing 🧵 lesson is much more important and I had to work on my jumper.

    ReplyDelete