Saturday, July 13, 2019

I Remember

I remember the other boy who was in the dance class with me in High School....he was also a victim of the bullies, like me!
He was small and thin and he had some effeminate traits....just like me....
His name was Samuel but he preferred Sami....one m and an i....he was very specific about that!!!!
He was so nice....a lovely person....most of the girls didn't want anything to do with us so we rehearsed together....
I guess I should have seen it coming but he surprised me completely when he tried to kiss me.....and I just wasn't ready for that....
I ripped into him....I called him terrible names....I said I wasn't like that....I made him cry....
I'd like to write that I chased after him and that we ended up in each others arms but that's not what happened.....I was an asshole then....and I regret it to this day.....but I wasn't gay.....I wanted a girlfriend....even as I danced around in a tutu.....I wanted a girlfriend.....
We could have helped each other through the daily ordeal we both went through....but I pushed him away.....and to tell the truth I missed our rehearsals terribly  when he cut me off.....we used to wear all the girls costumes and we used to laugh....oh my how we used to laugh!!!!
I met him a few weeks back and he made me laugh right away....and I knew I was forgiven...we had dinner....my wife and me and he and his husband.....it was wonderful and.....my wife agreed with me as we drove home.....his husband was super-hot!!!
I'm glad life worked out for us.....I wonder how many of the assholes who used to give us a hard time are as happy as we are now?













2 comments:

  1. That's such a sweet story! I love happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my ballet class. The best part was after class us girls would hang around and talk in our leotards and tights.

    ReplyDelete