Saturday, May 7, 2022

Setback

My sweet husband has suffered a setback.
That's what the doctors call it!
I try and try to remain positive through all of this but I'm feeling nothing but despair.
For a week or so everything seemed to be getting back to normal, but Tuesday night "Kaaren" was in trouble.
They called it "respiratory distress".
Even with the oxygen he wasn't getting enough air.
The ambulance arrived pretty quickly I guess, although it seemed like it took hours as I tried to comfort my sweetheart.
They took him to the, all too familiar, emergency room and he was immediately admitted to the hospital.
Doctors and tests and hours and more hours, and then they told me that he was being sedated and put on a ventilator.
His blood oxygen was so low that he had less than an hour left to live when he got to the hospital.
They say that he should pull through, they say that this is just a temporary problem, they say a lot of things.
But they don't say that he would have died in his bed if I hadn't gone in to check on him!
I feel like I'm losing him a little bit at a time.
I can't imagine a life without him, I've been in love with him since I was just a girl!
"Kaaren" isn't religious, however, she's probably more christian than many churchgoers but she would never claim to be. I pray for his recovery every day.
I have never before thought about really losing him.
But while he lies there in a hospital bed, unconscious, and only breathing because a machine is helping him, how can I not!
I'm only writing this because I can't do anything to change any of this.
If he comes home again I hope that he will get better.
But recent days have dampened my expectations.
 
Mrs.K
 













14 comments:

  1. i am so sorry to read this Mrs K and my thoughts are with you all. Here's hoping that Kaaren is back home with you again soon.

    p
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you and Kaaren. And, as I've said before, the blogs should not be of any concern to you now. Concentrate on Kaaren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs K
    Praying hard for Kaaren and for you
    While it is a setback, Please stay positive … it’s not if but when
    Love is powerful medice


    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this news. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to read of the setback......my heart goes out to you and your husband...prayers for you both and your family...may God’s grace and healing hands extend to your husband and have God wrap his loving arms around him.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so, so, so sorry to hear this. Hoping beyond all hope that there is an improvement. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs, Ms. K. Don't worry about what might have been... you DID go in and see him. Maybe the Lord sent you in to check. Let the doctors heal him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our thoughts and hopes are with you at this difficult time. We do so hope your guy will be back home with your soon... and for many years to come

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that. Love and hope to you both…

    ReplyDelete
  10. MRS K, Our prays are with you in this moment. You are a brave woman and he will be OK soon at your side. Kisses from South america

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mrs K Any updates on Kaaren? Please know that both of you are oin our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i pray that he recovers soon and completely. May God bless you both

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been on in a few weeks and just saw this. I am so sorry! He is blessed to have you in his life, and I'm sure you feel the same about him. Stay strong and prayers for a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete